After a day of working in the yard, I made salmon served on top of fettuccine with roasted bell peppers and wilted spinach. The dish was quick to prepare because you get a little help from ingredients such as roasted bell peppers in a jar and pre-made balsamic salad dressing. I do think you could use some balsamic vinegar, oo and fresh herbs instead of the dressing but haven’t gotten there yet. Next time! It was a worthy effort. Light and refreshing flavors. Enjoy!
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb boneless salmon (cut into a few large pieces after cooking)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (may seem like a lot but it shrink when wilted)
- ½ cup bottled roasted red or yellow sweet peppers
- ½ cup reduced-calorie balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat an extra-large skillet over medium heat; add salmon. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes, turning once. Remove salmon; cover and keep warm.
- Add spinach, sweet peppers, and remaining oil to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add dressing; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide spinach-pasta mixture among four bowls. Top with salmon.
Adapted from BHG