Sunday evening rolled around and I was trying to find ways to use up my large box of strawberries. What a better way to enjoy them than in a refreshing beverage? This is perfect for sunny weather and a magazine. (If only that was the weather I had at the time) Enjoy!
- 12 strawberries
- ½-1 lemon
- Handful of basil
- 2 small bottle of club soda
- Several dashes of bitters
- 2 tbs simple syrup (or more if you prefer sweet drinks)
- 1½-2 oz vodka per drink
- Juice and strain the seeds from the lemons into a pitcher
- Add the bitters to the pitcher.
- Add strawberries and a couple of sprigs of basil then muddle
- Pour strawberry mixture into the bottom of the 4 glasses.
- Add vodka to glass
- Finish off with club soda and garnish with sliced berries or basil leaves.
Adapted from Daydream Kitchen