As I mentioned yesterday, I am in possession of a large amount of strawberries. I love them; so sweet, so juicy. Amazingly, I have had a hard time choosing recipes to use. There are many, however nothing fit my mood or pantry. Finally, I found one for dark chocolate panna cotta with strawberries. I made a few adjustments, including using semi-chocolate instead. There is very little work involved and the biggest problem is waiting a few hours to eat them. Enjoy!
- 2¼ C. pouring cream (I used half & half for ½ this amount)
- 1.7 oz semi sweet chocolate, grated
- ¼ C. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2½ tsp. powdered gelatin
- 50 ml cold water
- 2 C. Strawberry, cut in halves
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, add cream, sugar and vanilla essence. And heat until sugar is completely dissolved -- do not boil-- When ready remove from the heat and add grated chocolate. Return to the heat, cover and stir --mixing with a wooden spoon--for about 10 minutes until chocolate is dissolved and smooth.
- In a little cup add gelatin and cold water, mix gently and let set for a couple of minutes. Divide the mixture among ramekins and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 2 days. Serve with macerated strawberries on top.
- In a medium bowl, add strawberries, sugar and lemon- and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours and serve over panna cotta.
Recipe adapted from Al Dente Gourmet