A night to myself, I decided to go for a simple dish. I love finding recipes that are exciting in flavor without a lot of fuss. This is definitely it!
Spicy Shrimp Thai Noodles
Recipe type: Main
- 1 box vermicelli noodles
- 1-2 tbs crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ½ sesame oil
- 6 tbs honey or agave
- 6 tbs soy sauce
- ¾ lb shrimp
- ¾ cup peanuts
- ½ cilantro
- 2 carrot peeled and shredded
- Peel and shred carrot, chop cilantro and onions
- Heat pot of water to a boil, add noodles and remove from heat. Let them sit for close to 10 minutes. Drain and run cold water over noodles to stop them from cooking. Set aside.
- Heat both oils over medium heat in a medium-large saute pan. Be careful to not let it burn.
- Strain out pepper and reserve oil.
- Return oil to medium-large saute pan over medium heat
- Add honey and soy sauce to the oil mix
- Add shrimp and cook until pink
- Add noodles
- Reduce temp to a simmer and toss letting some of the sauce soak into noodles
- Before serving top with carrots, green onions, cilantro and peanuts
Adapted from A Small Snippet