It went like this, “What should I make for dinner? Hmm.. What do I have in the fridge? Well I’ve got some chorizo oh and tortillas, I wonder if I could make chorizo tacos.” The answer is yes. And they are tasty. I added potatoes which compliments the spiciness of the sausage and adds a little bulk to the dish. Enjoy!
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- limes, quartered
- 4 corn tortillas
- onions, chopped
- favorite salsa such as salsa picante roja or verde, or salsa de aguacate
- 1-2 medium sized potatoes
- Remove the casings from the sausage and crumble the meat.
- Dice potatoes
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil and saute potatoes for 5 minutes
- add meat and for another 5–6 minutes. Adjust the heat as needed to prevent burning. Remove once potatoes are tender.
- Drain any excess fat from the sausage.
- Sprinkle the meat with lime juice and toss.
- Set aside
- Using the same pan, lower the heat to medium-low and briefly warm the tortillas to soften them.
- Fill the tortillas with the sausage, onions, cilantro and extra lime juice. You can also top with salsa, sour cream, cheese and black olives.
Recipe adapted from Beyond Wonderful