I think I finally was able to use the last of my strawberries. As much as I love them, 4 lbs is a lot and they certainly got my creative juices flowing. Of course I had to end with another delicious cocktail. Strawberry. Margarita. Enough said.
- 2 cups frozen/ or fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 oz tequila
- 3 oz triple sec
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt (we actually preferred sugar for the rim on this recipes instead)
- fresh strawberries
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and water in a small pot over low/medium heat. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook on low for about 30 minutes until strawberries have broken down and mixture is thick. Remove from the stove, pour into a Tupperware container or glass jar and refrigerate until chilled.
- To make the margaritas, add about a third cup of the strawberry syrup to a cocktail shaker (you be the judge according to how sweet you like your margaritas). Follow with the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice.
- Shake margaritas well then pour into two glasses, rimmed with salt if you like.
- Garnish cocktails with fresh strawberries and serve.
Recipe from PBS