If I was stranded on an island and could choose only one ingredient to have with me, it would be truffles. Aromatic, glorious flavor and very hard describe; this subterranean mushroom makes ordinary dishes magical. Will and I have made many a burger with truffles, as well as truffle fries, truffle pasta and I am sure there is more. This was a new burger recipe, including rosemary. The original doesn’t have mushrooms but I must have mushrooms on mine. If you haven’t experienced truffles, I am begging you too! You can buy small jars of oil or salt for reasonable prices.
- 1 lb ground beef
- Handful rosemary, minced
- Truffle oil
- Seasoning salt
- Garlic powder
- 1 sweet onion, thick slices
- mushrooms, sliced
- Place the ground beef in a bowl. Add the rosemary, and drizzle with truffle oil. Season to taste with seasoning salt and garlic powder. Mix well with your hands, and form into two burgers.
- In a medium saute pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms, cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the burgers until they’re cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. A few minutes before you take the burgers off of the grill, top with the mozzarella or another white cheese.
- Serve the burgers topped with the onion slices and drizzled generously with more truffle oil.
Adapted from Our Life in Food