Fennel is a new favorite of mine. I have never been a fan of black licorice or anything that has too much anise. This veggie however, isn’t sweet and has a major crunch to it. It just tastes FRESH. So needing to use up my fennel, I made this as part of a light dinner. Easy as turn on oven, wrap fennel with proscuitto and roast. I will say I cut my fennel the wrong way and so my pieces were far shorter and less photogenic that I had hoped for. Enjoy!
- 2 bulb(s) (small) fennel, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cored
- 16 slice(s) (paper-thin) prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each fennel half into 4 pieces.
- Wrap each fennel spear with a slice of prosciutto and place on baking sheet.
- Roast until fennel is tender and prosciutto is lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe from Delish