I really am trying to find new ways to lighten meals, not always but enough to be balanced. It just so happened that I woke up early on a Saturday (it’s becoming a bittersweet habit) and decided I wanted to make muffins. I wanted muffins, but I wanted to feel less guilty about eating them. Don’t we all. 🙂 Enter in stage right this recipe for fruit muffins that doesn’t have any flour; just oatmeal, yogurt and few other ingredients. Hesitantly I decided to make them, hoping the payoff would be worth the risk. Sure enough, they were incredibly moist and tasty. Perfect, since I ended up eating three. Enjoy!
- 2½ cup Oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)
- 1 cup Plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 1
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1½ cup Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners, (or just use a silicone muffin pan).
- Place all of the ingredients (except the strawberries) in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl, and stir in strawberries. Divide remaining ½ cup diced strawberries over the top of each muffin. (This step is optional, but it really makes the strawberries burst with color and flavor on top of each muffin!)
- Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe slightly adapted from Dashing Dish